[thrive_headline_focus title=”0002: Understanding the Addicted Brain” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26231114″]
In this episode, Dr. Gala helps you understand how addiction really works and what it’s trying to accomplish. If you are a recovery stakeholder, you’ll be challenged to think differently as we dig deeper into ways that we can outsmart addiction. It is helpful to see addiction … not really as an enemy but rather … as a friend. And, it has served the addict well but its usefulness has come to an end.
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the RecoverYES site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp … if available … to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:03] -Now, Johann Hari is definitely a recovery stakeholder. He had a number of family members that had struggled with addiction and it caused him to launch into several years of intense researching around the war on drugs.
- [03:40] -Aware Appreciation.
- [05:57] -If you’re dealing with a loved one that is struggling with addiction, it is understandable that you would be cynical. Nothing you’ve done has made a difference . . . yet . . . What do we mean by outsmarting addiction?
- [11:16] -Addiction is just a symptom of an underlying cause. Maybe you’ve started putting that together from what I’m sharing with you here today.
- [11:52] -The addict brain is pretty smart but we are smarter. We can see what is happening and why it is happening
- [12:47] -That is why I’m sharing with you a little bit of information to help you understand how addiction really works and what it’s trying to accomplish.
- [13:43] -I am so upset and need advice. My son is in jail for stealing a car.
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.