[thrive_headline_focus title=”0003: How to Set Healthy Boundaries with Your Addicted Loved One” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26231114″]
You know you need to do things differently but the people in your world . . . especially the addict . . . are probably not thrilled with your newfound approach to dealing with them or their problems. If you’re trying to set and hold boundaries with an addict, you WILL face blow back. Addicts are masterful manipulators. Let’s make sure you’re prepared.
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the RecoverYES site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp … if available … to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:10] -We live in Hilton Head, South Carolina. In the last few months, we were hit by two hurricanes.
- [03:20] -Aware Appreciation.
- [05:38] -If you’re trying to set and hold boundaries with an addict, you WILL face blow back. Addicts are masterful manipulators. Let’s make sure you’re prepared.
- [08:47] -Most of us set boundaries really easily, but we don’t hold them. Or, maybe we don’t set them because we are fearful that we won’t hold them.
- [11:11] -Then there is the thoughtful, loving, and intimate way of setting boundaries which is what I encourage you to develop.
- [12:29] -In order to survive the storm that is addiction, you need to carefully plan the boundaries you set . . . so that you can hold them.
- [12:50] -I’m at the end of my rope. I’m a wreck and need advice.
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.