There is tremendous value in expressing appreciation, especially when you do it with regularity. As a Recovery Stakeholder, you are living through a challenging situation. If you’re feeling like the world you live in is just too stressful to find things to appreciate, you’re not alone … and you have an even greater need to practice. Let’s find the motivation and learn how to do it to get the most benefit from it.
In this episode, you will:
- Learn why Aware Appreciation is a beneficial practice
- Appreciate the positives in their lives, big and small
- Interrupt negative thinking with appreciation and move past negative emotions
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the RecoverYES site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp … if available … to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:43] -This article was on Courant.com and it talks about the family’s experience. The person writing the piece is a lawyer.
- [05:42] -Aware Appreciation.
- [07:57] -Why do I take a couple of minutes in each episode to lead you through a mindfulness practice that ends with Aware Appreciation? There is tremendous value in expressing appreciation …
- [08:30] -As a Recovery Stakeholder, you would be totally justified in finding things to criticize and complain about regularly.
- [12:09] -I’m sure you’re thinking “Geez! Dr. Gala, I’m already practicing appreciation. What more do you want me to do?”
- [14:14] -All I can say is just try it. Go get a copy of the Aware Appreciation Quick Start Guide at AwarenessAddicts.com/AA. Do it right now. Don’t delay.
- [15:36] -My daughter got arrested last night. Her boyfriend is trying to contact me … I assume for help bailing her out. I think she’s better off in jail.
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.