[thrive_headline_focus title=”0015: Making a Change – How Bad Habits and Addictions are Stopped” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26231114″]
It is helpful to understand the stages of change so that you can recognize them … for yourself and others. Trying to make a change when you haven’t moved to the appropriate stage will do nothing more than increase resistance. At a minimum, that will make the change process way more difficult. As Recovery Stakeholders, there are changes that everyone in the family system needs to make … that will make living with an addict (in recovery or not) much easier.
In this episode, you will:
- Learn to ease the struggle that accompanies change
- Understand what is required to change any habit … and make it stick
- Discover the warning signs that flash before a relapse happens
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the RecoverYES site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp … if available … to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [02:13] -I found this article at Psychcentral and I thought it was really interesting. I had not heard of this particular stage of change referred to in this way previously.
- [04:57] -Aware Appreciation.
- [07:12] -What happens when someone breaks through denial? They move into the next stage of change. It is helpful to understand the stages so that you can recognize them.
- [07:51] -I want to open this episode by going through the Stages of Change with you so that you really understand what we’re working with here.
- [13:21] -You want to focus a great deal of energy on the Determination, Planning and Preparation Stage. Create a good blueprint that addresses all the things …
- [19:16] -It’s safe to say that any habit we’re engaging in is providing some relief. Of course, some habits are healthy and aren’t accompanied by unwanted side effects.
- [19:58] -I see so many stories about multiple trips to rehab … up to 15 times. My 24 year old daughter is in rehab for the first time.
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.