[thrive_headline_focus title=”0018: Dealing with Emotional Pain for a Healthier, Happier You” orientation=”left”] [shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”26231114″]
When you experience an emotional upset – when you’re triggered emotionally, how do you typically react? Do you fight back or withdraw? In this moment, the brain takes action that makes it challenging to think rationally. There are reasons why this happens but, in most cases, it is an overreaction that results in more harm than good. We need to learn to recognize when it’s happening and take it off auto-pilot.
In this episode, you will:
- Recognize when they’re overreacting emotionally
- Learn what to do when feeling triggered and reacting emotionally
- Communicate without escalating an emotional situation
Subscribe to the Show
Time Stamped Show Notes
You can listen to the Episode right here on the RecoverYES site Using the Player Below.
(Click the time stamp … if available … to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:48] -This article was on the Huffington Post. It was titled, “9 Signs You Are Dealing with an Emotional Manipulator.”
- [06:37] -Aware Appreciation.
- [08:53] -When you experience an emotional upset – when you’re triggered emotionally, how do you typically react? Do you fight back or withdraw?
- [09:22] -As we explore this topic today of being emotionally triggered and being in emotional pain, we need to learn to recognize how we respond when this triggering process happens.
- [16:17] -In order to have long-term sustainable healing from this cycle of reacting in a way that’s not really serving you is to allow a period of emotional thawing.
- [18:48] -If you typically react like a turtle, you may find the storms in your life unsettling. In fact, they may be downright frightening.
- [19:50] -My son showed up this morning knocking on my bedroom window wanting to come in and warm up. He has been homeless for several days now since his girlfriend threw him out again.
If there were any specific resources referred to in this Episode, you’ll find them here.